The general objective of the 3D Shape Retrieval Contest is to evaluate the effectiveness of 3D-shape retrieval algorithms. SHREC’19 is the 14th edition of the contest. Like previous years, it is organized in conjunction with the Eurographics 2019 Workshop on 3D Object Retrieval, where the results will be reviewed by the chairs of the workshop and included in the workshop proceedings.
Thanks to the efforts of previous track organizers, SHREC already provides many resources to compare and evaluate 3D retrieval methods. For this year’s contest, we aim to explore new and updated tracks. Therefore, the participants are invited to have an active role in the organization of the event. This includes proposing track themes, building or acquiring a test collection, and deciding upon the queries, relevance assessment, and performance measures.
The participants of each track will collectively write a paper, which will be published in the proceedings of the Eurographics Workshop 3D Object Retrieval. The report should be formatted according to the Eurographics guidelines.
The Shape Retrieval Contest (SHREC) track reports will be presented in the program of the 3DOR workshop. At least one author per track must register for the workshop, and present the results. We also cordially invite all participants of a track to register and attend the workshop.
The following list is a step-by-step description of the activities:
- Potential track organizers send their proposal to email@example.com, describing the envisioned task, collection, queries, ground truth, evaluation method, and expected number of participants.
- Promising tracks and their organizers will be listed at the SHREC home page, the track organizers start working out the details.
- Participants register for the tracks they want to participate in.
- Each track is performed according to its own schedule.
- The track organizers collect the results.
- The track results are combined into a joint paper, to be included in the proceedings of the Eurographics Workshop on 3D Object Retrieval,
- The description of the tracks and their results are presented at the Eurographics Workshop on 3D Object Retrieval (May 5-6, 2019)
SHREC time schedule
• February 1, 2019: Submission deadline for track proposals.
• February 4, 2019: Notification of acceptance of track proposals.
• Feb, March, 2019: Each track has its own time line.
• March 15, 2019: Each track is finished, and results are included in a track report, submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org for review.
• March 25, 2019: Reviews done, feedback and notifications given.
• April 5, 2019: Camera ready track papers submitted for inclusion in the proceedings.
•May 5-6, 2019: Eurographics Workshop on 3D Object Retrieval 2019, featuring SHREC 2019.
The SHREC organizer is Remco Veltkamp. To contact him, send a message to email@example.com.
For further information about the SHREC2019 tracks, see the SHREC home page.